Northwest District Fall Meeting
Saturday, September 29, 2018
For more information and registration form Click HERE
AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
The Campaign for the Ratification of the ERA in Virginia was kicked off on August 26. Read more about the ERA at these sites
Check out this full page ad in the Richmond Times-Dispatch August 26
AAUW has a long history advocating for ERA. ERA Quick Facts can be downloaded and printed for distribution.
It’s time, Virginia! Let’s make history in the 2019 General Assembly!
Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less. __Susan B. Anthony
AAUW-VA encourages members to write Letters-to-the-Editor regarding the ratification of the ERA in Virginia. Click Here to read some of the ones already published.
Maybe you can use them to help you write one of your own!
FEDERAL LOBBY DAY IN WASHINGTON, DC IS SEPTEMBER 27
Watch for details via email and on Facebook.
We appreciate your membership and encourage you to attend upcoming events at an AAUW branch in your neighborhood. Click on Branches for information about a branch near you.
Fifty-four energetic AAUW members from 17 branches in Virginia participated in the Summer Leadership Meeting (SLM) in Harrisonburg. The meeting was held at the brand new Madison Hotel and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center. It was one of the best SLMs ever! All sessions were “whole group” because the information provided by every speaker was vitally important has we move forward in AAUW. The Mayor of Harrisonburg, Deanna R. Reed set the tone perfectly as our keynote speaker. She was fabulous! Here are the important topics that were addressed during the day.
- What’s New in AAUW...Caroline Pickens, AAUW Governance Committee & AAUW-VA Funds Chair
- AAUW-VA Public Policy A Path Forward and the Equal Rights Amendment…Susan Burk & Sylvia Rogers, AAUW-VA Co-VPs for Public Policy
- ERA in Virginia Today…Jane Newell & Trish Wallace, Greater Richmond Branch AAUW
- Equity in Education for Women and Girls: Title IX…Deb Fitzgerald, Chair of Harrisonburg City School Board and member of AAUW, & Heidi Hoover, Title IX Coordinator, Bridgewater College
- Gender Pay Inequity: It’s Math, Not Myth…Sylvia Rogers, Co-Vice President for Public Policy
- Salary Negotiation…Leslie Tourigny, Co-President AAUW-VA
- Archiving Branch Documents…Neola Waller, AAUW Legacy Circle Team, AAUW-VA Historian, & Virginia Beach AAUW President
IF YOU MISSED THE MEETING, CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS HERE!