AAUW Vienna Area Branch
in the Northern DistrictCo-Presidents:
October Wine Tasting Fundraiser
We are pleased that the Fairfax Times has published a wonderful article about our October Wine Tasting fundraiser. Thank you to branch members, Georgia Chirieleison, Diane Hoyer, and Kristin Moyer for making it happen! See the September 23 issue.
AAUW Vienna Area Branch members registering voters
on the Vienna town green August 29, 2016.
By using this link you help us support AAUW Funds and our branch programs. Amazon does not endorse AAUW Funds or our branch programs.
AAUW Vienna Area Branch is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
About AAUW Vienna Area Branch
Expand your network
Come to the monthly meetings of the AAUW Vienna Area Branch and get to know writers, designers, lawyers, educators, retired professionals, volunteers, and homemakers—a diverse cross-section of the Vienna/Oakton area. By working on branch projects you will contribute to our community and perhaps make lifelong friendships in the process.
You also will be part of an influential national organization of more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and 800 college and university partners, founded in 1881 and recognized for its research and advocacy for education for women and girls. AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership.
One of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW is providing more than $3.7 million in funding for more than 244 fellowships and grants to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations in the 2015–16 academic year. AAUW also supports the protection of the legal rights of those who are facing discrimination.
Stretch your mind and promote equity and education for all women
AAUW Vienna Area Branch offers you continuing education at its monthly meetings. Topics range from the impact of globalization on women to ending homelessness in Fairfax County.
- Join one of our literature discussion groups (evening or morning, fiction or nonfiction) and engage in a lively debate about a classic or a recent best seller.
- Learn about the latest legislative issues and participate in the annual Capitol Hill Day or volunteer as an AAUW Lobby Corps member.
- Participate in our annual STEM Conference for girls in area middle schools.
- Support the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund in its efforts to combat sex discrimination in higher education and the workplace.
- Attend workshops at the Virginia AAUW annual convention and Northern Virginia District events.
- Develop your leadership skills through branch volunteer opportunities and acquire lifelong skills in the process.
AAUW Vienna Area Branch provides time for fun and fellowship, too. We hold informal social activities several times a year, we go on occasional field trips, and we visit a local restaurant for a holiday luncheon in December to benefit a local women’s shelter.
Come join us!
Follow the contact information to come to a meeting.
2016-2017 Branch Programs