Co-Vice Presidents for Public Policy
Branch: Smith Mountain
Lobby Day on Capitol Hill
May 16, 2013
AAUW of Virginia in conjunction with the Lobby Corps and national AAUW have designated Thursday, May 16, 2013, Lobby Day for Virginia members to visit Capitol Hill. Mark your calendars and come to Washington DC to help shape public policy for women and girls by participating in this exciting event. Members will visit Republican and Democratic congressional offices to advocate for AAUW issues at stake in the current Congress.
Plans are underway to offer housing for those members coming to Washington the day before. Look for updates as we get closer to the date. Contact Susan Eisenberg by phone (301-775-8975) or e-mail for more information.
AAUW of Virginia Public Policy Priorities
- Gender equity in education, employment, pay, retirement benefits, and public appointments
- Public funds for elementary and secondary education to be used only for schools that adhere to the civil rights and accountability standards required of public schools
- Access to quality health care and family planning including individual choice in reproductive decisions and equity in women’s health research and treatment
- Freedom from violence, bullying, and sexual harassment
- Access to quality dependent care
- Programs that provide women with education, training, and support for success in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields, the work force, and society
Public Policy Resources